David Morgan Memorial Scholarship Award Program
Metropolitan Baptist Church is proud to announce the David Morgan Memorial Scholarship Awards Program.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist regularly attending congregants who are pursuing higher education
in order to encourage the continuing education of the members of the church community.
About The Scholarship
- All scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the Church’s Office between April 1 and May 31.
- Scholarship funds should be used for tuition, fees, textbooks, room & board.
- Scholarship awards will be announced in June
- The David Morgan Scholarship Committee may require applicants to attend a personal interview
Successful applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a member of Metropolitan Baptist Church or must be actively involved in the auxiliaries of the church.
- The applicant’s participation in extracurricular programs must include church and/or community activities.
- The applicant must be attending or have received a letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university, seminary or other higher education institution.
- The applicant should maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
Submit your completed application with supporting documents to email@example.com. (All supporting docs must be properly headed and should have the student’s name and contact information)
- The application form must be completed and signed by the applicant. If the applicant is less than 18 years old, a parent or guardian must also sign the application form.
- The following supporting documents are required to complete the application:
- A one-page essay (with proper heading) written and signed by the applicant describing their achievements thus far. Achievements may be academic, professional, civic, or social in nature.
- A list of the applicant’s extracurricular activities and/or work experience.
- For applicants without higher education experience, an acceptance letter to a higher education institute is required.
- Most recent transcripts – high school or college
- College transcripts are required for applicants with some college education
- Two (2) letters of reference
- At least one must be from a faculty member at the institution that the applicant currently attends. If the applicant is not yet enrolled in an institution, a reference from the last institution attended will suffice.
- Letters of reference must be dated within six months of application submission.